On GamePoint you can choose from two different ways to play, American or Dutch. With American Hearts, you need to prevent getting penalties. And with Dutch Hearts you have to get points to end up with 0 after someone has reached the maximum amount of points.
Cards in the game: 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace.
- All hearts are worth 1 point. - The Jackof Clubs is worth 2 points. - The Queen of Spades is worth 5 points.
Cards in the game: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace.
- All hearts are worth 1 point. - The Queen of Spades is worth 13 points.
Basic rules of the game:
1. The cards are dealt in turn to each of the four players.
2. Before the first round starts, each player chooses three cards and passes them face down to the player on his or her right (American gameplay only). The player holding the two of Clubs, starts the game
3. The other players have to follow suit, unless they do not have the suit in their hands.
4. In the first round no card of Hearts or Queen of Spades can be played and finishing with Hearts is only allowed when a card of Hearts was already played because someone couldn't folow suit.
5.The player with the highest card on table wins the round and starts the next round.
6.For each card of Hearts gained during a trick, the player will receive 1 penalty point. The one who gains the trick containing the Queen of Spades will receive 13 penalty points.
7. After thirteen rounds all points will be counted. The winning player is the one with the fewest penalty points.
8. In Dutch Hearts, you have to score points after someone reached the max amount of points. This will decrease your amount of points and when you reach 0, you win!