Skat - Game information
Objective of the game:
The objective of Skat, a German 3-player game, is to take at least 61 card points in tricks plus Skat; the opponents win if their combined tricks contain at least 60 card points.
Basic rules of the game:
1. Each active player is dealt 10 cards and remaining two cards form the skat.
2. Each hand begins with an auction. The winner of the bidding becomes the declarer and plays alone against the other two players who are in partnership.
3. The declarer has the right to use the two skat cards to make a better hand and to choose the trump suit.
4. Instead of choosing a trump suit the declarer is also allowed to play Grand (jacks are the only trumps) or Null (no trumps at all and the new goal of the declarer is to lose all the tricks).
5. The total number of points in the game is 120. To win the game the declarer has to take at least 61 points in tricks plus skat or play Null and lose all the tricks.