The objective of the game is to have the fewest points at the completion of the game. A standard deck of 52 playing cards is used. Each player receives thirteen cards. Tricks containing any heart and the queen of spades give points to the winner of the trick.
Basic rules of the game:
1. Thirteen cards are dealt singly in turn to each of the four players.
2. Before the first round commences, each player chooses three cards from his or her initial thirteen and passes them face down to the player on his or her right.
3. The player holding the two of clubs starts the game.
4. The other players have to follow suit, unless they do not have the suit in their hands.
5. In the first round no hearts or queen of spades can be played.
6. The player with the highest card on table wins the round and starts the next round.
7. For each card of hearts gained during a trick, the player will receive 1 penalty point. The one who gains the trick containing the queen of spades will receive 13 penalty points.
8. After thirteen rounds all points will be counted. The winning player is the one with the fewest penalty points.